Wednesday, May 7, 2008

And Then Siobhan Changes Her Story

This is where everything gets very odd. From the post below this one you can clearly see the signs of a medically recognized mood disorder in felines called FHS. That post and the site it comes from clearly lists the medical protocal: anti-depressent medication often but not always combined with anti-convulsant medications.

Leo was seen by my Vet. who made his own observations and prescribed the protocal for FHS.


The next email I received from Siobhan stated the following:

Date:
Fri, 2 May 2008 10:40:32 -0400

Hi, that sounds like a plan. If you feel you need those other meds, I can contact Murray Hill (our vet) and see if they can be ordered. Or can your Vet can just order them. I am willing to do whatever I can for leo but I will tell you right now it will not include declawing him. That isn’t an option. But other than that yes we are willing to pay for the meds if they work for him. I don’t care how long he lives, he could live 25yrs but if he needs those meds than we’ll take care of it. I want whats best for everyone so I am for sure willing to work with you over the next few weeks to see if we can calm Leo down.

Siobhan


Here was my reply back:
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 10:59 AM

Yes, please see if your Vet can get the meds i saw recommended. He will stay on the pheno as well as my Vet tells me it calms animals down. It (pheno) is also a recommended treatment if mood meds do not work according to all I read.

Let's see what we can do together if the meds will actually work. I can't bear the thought of putting down an animal that isn't sick enough that it will cause it's inevitable death.

Please understand however, if the medications cannot work I cannot keep him at all. I need him docile, and not destroying my furniture. The biting MUST stop.

I will need your financial help with his meds for the remainder of his life, should I make the final determination to keep him. I wish only for the best outcome for him.

Thank you for all your help and undestanding.

Please get back to me on the medication issue asap and let me know if you are going to cover any or all of the fee from last night for Leo.


The time of day that this video was taken was 12 hours after Leo took his morning Phenobarbital and about a half hour after he was given his Elavil for the night. He is not given both at the same time ever.



This video was sent as proof of the aggressive behavior I have witnessed because as you will see in future posts, from this point forward I was being told that since Siobhan never saw any such behavior from Leo during her time caring for him, that I was lying simply to "get the kind of cat I wanted."

I think it is interesting to share with all of you that when viewing this video Siobhan called me to tell me that it was the fault of Sarah for not paying attention to Leo for being bit and that this behavior was normal.

No comments: