Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Siobhan From Animal Alliance's Response To Me

Highlighting done by blog owner to make appropriate issues stand out.

I understand your decision. I think you have a good plan in mind. If you can keep him for the next few weeks to see if the Medication actually works it will be easier for him to be adopted. I am not sure we’ll be able to get him into a sanctuary at his young age but hopefully we’ll get him adopted. You were never told he had a mood disorder because no one knew. He had a tick that’s what we found. Never did we see any aggression, biting or any other behavior he has exhibited in your home. As for the trip to NYCVS that could have happened with any cat. There turned out to be nothing wrong with him other than a bad Neuter surgery. I’m not sure why it came out now but it isn’t anybody’s fault it just happens. We will get him the help he needs if it is FHS and see where we can get him placed. We will take care of where he goes. I appreciate your offer to drive but we’ll take care of that end of things.

Like I said last night. If the medication doesn’t work we will still do our best to place Leo. I wont promise anything. I will never say we wont euthanize an animal but it isn’t a decision that comes lightly to any of us. Nor is it a decision that will be made right away.

My question to you is this. If the mood medications work and we are willing to take care of the cost of the medications. Why are you not willing to keep him? I understand he ripped up your comforter that your last cat passed on and that is very upsetting and I’m sure pissed you off. But if you really do like Leo and the medication calms him down I’m not sure why you wouldn’t want to keep him? Is it frustration with him or with the situation? You are right Leo probably wont get adopted and we only have one sanctuary we trust and she is full to the max with FIV and FELV positive cats. I’m almost positive she wont take a cat with mood disorder right now.

That would be my only question to you. I guess all we can do now is wait to see if the medications work. If you have pictures of him I can post him online to see if anyone wants to take a chance on this guy.

Thanks,

Siobhan

No comments: